Saturday, May 5, 2012

The scale is one of my laws Romans 4:14-15


Scripture: Romans 4:14-15 14 For if those who depend on the law are heirs, faith means nothing and the promise is worthless, 15 because the law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.


Observation:  No law means we do not realize we are making mistakes or sinning against God.  We need the law to help us understand the standard.

Application:   How coincidental, I read First Place 4 Health devotion today about the scale being one of our laws.   Without the scale, we do not know we are sinning when it comes to overeating and not exercising our body.  The law, the scale, needs to be something I use for the rest of my life to help me stay the course and stay on track with my wellness.   I wonder what other people need in their life as their law to stay the course.

Prayer:  Lord Almighty, help me to see you in the right light.  I have faith in you.   Yet I must have the law so that I know when I transgress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment