Sunday, June 24, 2012

Perseverance Titus 2:11-14


Scripture:  Titus 2:11-14
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.12 It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

Observation:  First, there is the awareness of God’s grace and salvation. Then, with that gift, we learn to recognize that we need to say “No” to our sinful desires.  We are taking action in saying “No” we are obeying.  We are controlling ourselves by living upright and godly lives.  Last, the waiting until Christ comes in verse 13 is also addressed at the end of verse 14, eager to do what is good is done while we wait.

Application:  First, as we become aware, I need to read the bible, study the bible, worship and disciple in my First Place group.  The second action is to do what I learn, eagerly do good and just as important to say “No” to what is sinful.   I need to stay in tune with God so I know what is sinful.  Finally, I need to persevere, as these actions are to take place until Jesus is revealed.

Prayer:  Lord, I fall short every day.  I am not consistent.   I hear, I write, and yet I do not always do.  Lord Almighty, reveal to me always what you want me to do.  Help me so I honor you with all I do. Amen.

How is God speaking to you through this verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment