Monday, January 20, 2014

Check Your Motive

Galatians 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

When our motive is to please people, we are not serving God.   Serving Christ is our priority.   When I am trying to please the world, I give up and quit.   Before Christ I had decades of repeated weight loss, giving up and gaining back weight.  Each time I was heavier.  The chart looks like the stock market, up, down, up, up, down, up, up, down.   My weight gain was a steady rise over the long haul.

In my quiet time (First Place 4 Health bible study), I questioned my motive. Why did I want to lose weight?  When I sensed the love of the Lord my motive changed.  I want to serve the Lord every day, always. When I changed my motive, I was able to maintain weight loss.   In order to serve, I needed to be healthier.  I find it easier to choose the right quality and quantity of food and find time to strengthen my body when I see the actions pleasing to God.

Lord, forgive us for all the times we focus on the world and not you.   You are our salvation and strength. Show us what is pleasing to you.  Provide us the strength and power to please you with each step we take towards You.  Thank you, Lord, for your mercies and love. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment