Monday, January 16, 2012

Genesis 45:8 God's plan is often revealed after the trial

Scripture:  Genesis 45:8 8 "So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God. He made me father to Pharaoh, lord of his entire household and ruler of all Egypt.


Observation:  Being sold into slavery was all part of God’s plan.  Although a hardship, one that Joseph now realizes had to happen in order for him to be in the place to be able to interpret Pharaoh’s dreams and then set in motion the actions to prepare for the seven years of famine.  If that had not all happened, the Egyptians and Joseph and his family would not have been saved as well as God be glorified in the process.

Application:  I need to embrace all things and consider everything as part of God’s plan.  There is a reason and we need to reflect as well as accept wherever we are and whatever God gives us.    Was I obese and the constant struggle with my weight, so that others could see that God can deliver us from this sin?  I am thinking so.  Were my dad’s issues with alcohol, drugs, cigarettes that I struggled with part of God’s plan?  All things in our life, bring us to where we are now and to be.  

Prayer:  Lord what next?  I am sensing more.  Lord protect me, help me to be in your spirit always.  Forgive me for my running ahead and not always waiting on you.  Lord help me to see what you want me to do, say, not do, not say.  Who am I to encourage, empower, love, hold accountable?  Show me Lord.  What am I not doing that you want me to do?  Thank you Lord for all you have given me and yet to give.  Your blessings are undeserved.  I am not humble enough.  I take too much credit.  You are the only reason I am where I am.  Show me where next Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment