Thursday, February 16, 2012

Philippians 1:6 Good work requires pruning (sacrifice)

Scripture:  Philippians 1:6  Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Observation:  When God begins a good work in us (when we commit our lives to Christ), it will be carried on to completion.  Not might be, but will be.  This is a definite. 
 
Application:   Since I know in my heart and in what I have already experienced, God has started a good work in me.  His word says it will be carried to completion.   I need to believe that and claim that good work he has begun in me.  With reference to my healthy balanced life, I know God is at work and I need to continue to rely 100% on God and not Helen for this work in me.  I need to embrace the pruning that is accompanied with good work.  

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, I do not deserve the work you have done in my life.  I make mistakes all day long and yet you continue to prosper and produce fruit.  I understand that the fruit requires much pruning.  Help me Lord to know when I am relying on me and not you.  Help me Lord, to embrace the pruning.  Lord, I want your will in my life.  Help me to be confident in the work you have begun in me.  I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for all the trials and the fruit.  Thank you Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment