Thursday, February 9, 2012

1 Peter 1:13-14 We need to be alert and sober.

Scripture: 1 Peter 1:13-14  Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.  As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 

Observation:  God calls us to be obedient and not conform to the evil desires we had when we lived in ignorance.  We need to be alert and sober.  The next action is to set our hope on the grace we receive from Jesus. 

Application: Now that we recognize through Christ’s grace that we are children of God, we need to be alert and sober.   It is hard not to want to conform to the desires we have that are from the world.   Being alert includes purposely staying in tune with the Lord: reading my bible each day, studying his word, praying and staying in contact all day, without ceasing.   I cannot compartmentalize God.  He needs to be first in all things, all.

Prayer:  Lord, help me to see all the things I am doing in Helen power.  Lord I want to live my life in your priority.  I want my passion to be your passion.  I want your purpose to be my purpose.  Lord to do anything else is a waste of time. Help me Lord to see where I am and where you want me to be.  Help me Lord to embrace all you have for me. Thank you Lord, for the multitude of blessings in my life, they are so plentiful, it is hard to comprehend.    Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment