Saturday, November 12, 2011

2 Corinthians 11:29-31, Amazingly, God uses our weaknesses

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 11:29-31 29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?   30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying.

Observation:  Paul is writing this.  It seems he is trying to say:  he is weak, he inwardly burns.  Yet he boasts in his weakness.  Paul is a sinner and has weaknesses like everyone else.

Application:  God is to be praised in our weakness.  He wants me to acknowledge my weakness.  He wants me to boast of the thinks that show my weakness.   I need to share. I need to boast.   People need to know that I am not lying.   

Prayer:  Yeah Father, Lord of my life, it amazes me that you use my weakness.  My desire to drug myself with food, to be inactive and not active is my weakness.  Lord I shout that I want you to be in control.  This world is out of control.  There is so much wickedness.  Help me to see what my next step is Lord.  Thank you for your continued presence in my life.  I am so thankful that you are always there, even when I do not sense you or turn away.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment