Tuesday, July 12, 2011

God Equips with good for doing his will

Scripture: Hebrews 13:20-21  20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep,  21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
 
Observation: The God of peace, equips us with everything good for doing his will.  God works in us what is pleasing to Him.  This is done through Jesus Christ, his blood and resurrection.  God’s work is pleasing to him.  This does not sound like a painful process.

Application:   I need to recognize that equipping comes from the God of peace.  As I work on Small Group Leader and member equipping, recognize the peaceful process.  There are times that the process looks painful from an outsider.  Remember that God’s will is not to harm me, but to prosper me.  What do we worry, have fear where God is leading us.  I need to give God the glory in all things.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Lord Almighty, forgive me for my doubt, my grumbling, my lack of faith.  Help me to see all things you want me to see.  Help me to embrace the changes that you bring to my life.  Equip me lord with everything good for doing your will.  Lord may your work in me be pleasing to you.  Thank you Lord, for Jesus and his sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment