Wednesday, July 27, 2011

John 2:23-25 Jesus knows everything about us

Scripture: John 2:23-25 23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name.  24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.  25 He did not need human testimony about them, for he knew what was in them.

Observation: 
My bible’s foot note has the verse pointing to: 1 Kings 8:39    then hear from heaven, your dwelling place.  Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart). 

In verse John 2:25 Jesus knew what was in them (the people who saw many signs).  He knows everything about us good, bad, and ambivalence.  Solomon in 1 Kings is acknowledging that God knows our hearts.

Jesus does not need our testimony, as he knows everything about us. 

Application:  We need to fix our eyes on Jesus.  We need to know him.  He knows everything about us.  Our goal is to please him.  We need to listen and obey.  He knows every teeny, tiny thing about us.  I need to accept this and stop trying to be in control. 

Prayer:  Lord how amazing that you know each one of us to the smallest detail.  I am undone by this knowledge.  Lord I do not want to be in charge, I want you to be in charge.  I do not want to lead first, I want you to lead.  Lord, I want my will to be your will.  Lord help me to see what is the next right thing to do.  Help me Lord to rest in you and know that you are Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment