Saturday, July 2, 2011

Responding to God's voice


S. Hebrews 3:7-9,15  7 So, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you hear his voice, 8 do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness, 9 where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did.  15 As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.”

O.  This message is repeated twice in Hebrews 3 that if you hear God’s voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.    

A.  We need to learn from our past.  Learn to not harden our hearts when we hear God’s voice.  Too many times, I have heard God’s voice and been resistant to the message.  It is often something I need to stop doing or change.  I might be intimidated, scared, or selfish.   Many times God continues to send the message.  He does not give up on me.  I want to be obedient.  I want to show my love to God by being obedient when I hear his voice.

P. Lord, forgive me for the many times I hear and do not obey.  Lord you are my Creator, my Father, my Savior.  Lord help me to hear with clarity.  Lord help me to have faith that the plans you have for me are to prosper me and not to harm me.  Thank you Lord.  Your love for me is indescribable.  Your faithfulness is everlasting.  Your patience for me is undeserved.  Lord I am blessed by your unconditional love for me.

1 comment: