Monday, July 18, 2011

Jesus chosen before creation is LOVE

Scripture: 1 Peter 1:20-23 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.  21 Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.   22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart.23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
 
Observation:  These verses sum everything up from start to finish.  God chose Jesus before creation.  Wow, this has always been something amazing for me to grasp. In God’s perfect timing, he came to the earth and revealed himself.   Our belief in this amazing reality is our faith.   As we are born again, we are imperishable, unshakeable, living and enduring through the word of God.    

Application:  God provides us with hope, as we believe.  As we believe, we are to obey.  As we are transformed, we are to love one another sincerely, deeply (from the bottom of our heart).  I need to love one another.  I need for those on the outside to see that we are to love, in a way that sets us apart from the world. 

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, I have not always loved others as I love you, as I love myself.  Lord you are the creator of the world.  Lord I praise you as God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, Holy Spirit who is in me.  Lord, show me whom I need to love and whom I need to serve, Thank you Lord for the many blessings in my life.  Help me to see whom I am to love. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment