Tuesday, August 16, 2011

1 John 5-7 There is no darkness in God

Scripture: 1 John 5-7 5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

Observation: There is no darkness in God.  He is all light.  If we continue to walk in darkness, we lie and are not living out God’s truth.  The flip side is that if we walk in Jesus’ light we have fellowshp with each other and Jesus.   His sacrifice set us free.

Application:  I need to remember to walk in the light.  Stop going back to the darkness.  As I work to maintain my weight, I am recently struggling with Pita Chips.  Once I start, I have a hard time stopping.   I am not out of control, but pretty close to the edge.   I do not have a healthy relationship with chips.  Like crackers and cookies, I need to be aware of how easy it is to over eat processed foods like Pita Chips, Bagel Chips, and Veggie Chips.  They might be healthier but they are still unhealthy if eaten in large quantity.

Prayer:  Lord I want to walk in your light.  I do not want to cointue in darkness.   Help me Lord to lean in on you, sense your presence.  Lord help me to be in control of eating at all times.  Help me to know that you always provide a way out so that I can stand up under it. (1Cor 10:13).  Lord I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Search me O lord and test my heart, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the everlasting. (Psalm 139:14, 23, 24).  Lord I am glad and sing for joy, for you rule us with equity and guide the nations of the earth. May the peoples praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you.  (Psalm 67:4-5)

1 comment:

  1. God led me to 1 John this week as well. Will keep you in my prayers, my friend. Praise God for the light!

    ReplyDelete