Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jesus prayed for us, John 17:20-21

Scripture: John 17: 20-22 20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—

Observation:  Jesus is praying for us, all of us who believe in Jesus’ message.  Praying that we will be one with the Father as Jesus is one with the Father.  Jesus is praying for his relationship with the Father, we too will have the same unity.  In verse 21, there is a reason.  Jesus wants the whole world to believe in the salvation of Jesus.  God sent Jesus.

Application:  I need to seek God in prayer to be one with God as Jesus is one like God.  In this, all men will know that I am Jesus’ disciple. 

Prayer:  Lord Almighty, I am not perfect.  The many things I need to do in the world have distracted me from you.  Lord you are my salvation, my leader, my Hosanna.  I want to be one with you Lord.  I want people to see that I am a follower of Jesus.  I want them to believe because of my actions, my words, and my joy in you.  Lord thank you for your infinite love.  Thanks you for the blessings of this world.  Thank you Lord, Thank you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment