Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hearing the Spirit, Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, and 29

Scripture: Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, and 29 7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To those who are victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.  11 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. Those who are victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.  17 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To those who are victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give each of them a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it. 29 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Observation:  “Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” is repeated multiple times through this chapter.  We have ears and we need to hear the Spirit.  “Whoever” indicates, this message is for a certain group of people, those that hear the Spirit of God.  Simply, we as Christians need to listen.  The result of listening results in the right to eat from the tree of life in the paradise with God.  God will give us hiddlen food made especially for us individually.  The bible repeatedly mentions food.  This food is for our sustenance physically and spiritually.

Application:  I need to listen to God.  I need to make space in my day and life to listen to God.  I need to recognize that when I Iisten, I am blessed with God’ presence, his fulfilling my needs both spiritually and physically. I need to hear what the Spirit says.  As I embark on my 3 day Fast, I need to focus on hearing the Holy Spirit, recording what I hear, and making a plan to do what I hear.

Prayer: Lord Almighty, forgive me for my lack of focus on you.  I spend so much time focused on the world.  Lord you are my Provider, my Savior, my Ruler.  Help me to hear your Spirit within me.  Help me to leave the din of the world and focus on your message to me.  Help me Lord to identify what I need to stop, start, and continue doing.  Thank you Lord, for loving and patiently guiding me.  Lord, I want your will in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment