Thursday, August 4, 2011

John 10:37,38 Action speaks louder than words

Scripture: John 10:37,38  37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

Observation: The Pharisees accuse Jesus of blasphemy as he claims, “I am God’s Son”. (TNIV v36)  Jesus' response is even if you do not believe what he says, believe the works (the miracles and healing).  The works help with the understanding that God the Father is in Jesus AND that Jesus is in the Father.  For those that do not believe, it is hard to accept someone’s word. The fruit of our spirit, the transformation, the miracles and coincidences happen when we pray for God's blessing.   What people see has a larger impact than what we say.

Application:  I need to focus on my resting in God.  Be in His spirit.  Sharing my faith, being a witness as to what God has done in my life.  However, it is not always going to be my words.  It will be my actions and fruit of my obedience that will bring understanding to others.

Prayer: Lord forgive me for giving into the distractions of life.  Lord Almighty, Father in Heaven, Savior of the world.  Lord help me to see and hear.  Help me to do what you call me to do.  Help me to rest in you and follow your lead.  Help me to use my time wisely.  Help me to focus on the Best as opposed to the Good and Better.  Lord, thank you for the multitude of blessings I have in my life.  Lord, I praise you for your indescribable love.

No comments:

Post a Comment