Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Philippians 3:14 We all need pruned if we want to win the Prize

Scripture: Philippians 3:14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Observation:  Today on my prayer run as I was praying Philippians 3:14, I noticed many trees and bushes over grown and under trimmed.  Some of the bushes are now as big as small trees.  Some trees look like giant bushes since they have never been trimmed. Within each of them, I can see the beautiful tree that is waiting inside.    As I reflect on Philippians 3:14, I realize that there are many prizes in our life with Christ Jesus.  As we press on, we are not always sure what the next prize is around the corner. 

Jesus looks through our overgrown and under trimmed selves and sees the beautiful tree within.  He yearns for us to flee from the world and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness (1 Timothy 6:11).  Our prize is the beautiful tree that will emerge as we press on, discipline ourselves to keep running the race he calls us. 

Application:  I need to press on.  I need to listen and allow God to prune the sin from my life.   I desire to be more like Jesus.  To do this, I need to spend time with him in prayer, in scripture, in discipling others.  Action is required on my part.  I need to DO what God calls me to do.

Prayer:  Lord forgive me for always focusing on me and the world.   Lord you are the Author of my Life, Hope and Glory, King of Kings, the True Vine, and the Way.  Help me to know what I am to start, stop, and continue.  Help me to become more disciplined in my race.  Help me Lord to win the prize you have called me to in Christ Jesus.  Thank you Lord for all you have done in my life.  There are so many blessings, I am abundantly thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment