Monday, September 5, 2011

Lamentations 3:21-26 Thanking God for his Hope and Salvation

Scripture: Lamentations 3:21-26 21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: 22 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

Observation:  Hope and waiting are common themes.  These verses mention the Lord’s great love, his compassion, faithfulness, hope, and salvation.

Application:  I need to wait quietly (no grumbling).  I need to recognize He is my portion.  Waiting on the Lord is my acknowledgement to His greatness.  My hope in Him and my seeking results in God’s goodness.

Prayer: Lord how is it that you are so patient with me.  I am undeserving.   I forever want to rush and see results immediately.  I see that the process is as important as the result.  The journey is as important as the destination.  Heavenly Father I praise you for you.  Your compassions never fail.  Help me Lord to know your will in my life.  Help me to wait on you and not go ahead on my power.  Help me Lord to live in Your will.   Thank you Lord for the salvation you so freely give.  Your grace is enough for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment