Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Psalm 81:8-10 Hear God, Worship God, God Provides

Scripture: Psalm 81:8-10 8 Hear me, my people, and I will warn you— if you would only listen to me, Israel! 9 You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not worship any god other than me.  10 I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it.

Observation:  The Lord wants us to listen, wants us to have no other God.  He declares to us that he will provide what we need.  I am to open my mouth and he will fill it.

Application: I need to rely 100% on God.  I need to stop relying on myself and trust that he has the plan.  I need to listen, obey and wait for him. God’s plan is the plan for me.  Stop, listen, obey.   I am only to have one God, the Lord almighty.   What has become an idol in my life?  When I close my eyes, listen and open my mouth; I am not speaking, I am waiting for God to fill me.  I need to stop filling myself with the world and focus on God’s filling of me.


Prayer:  Lord Almighty, how gracious is your mercy.  I am forever relying on my own power.  Forgive me.  Help me to see that your power is infinitely more powerful then my own.  Thank you Lord for the patience you give out freely.  Help me Lord to wait for You.  Only You.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment