Saturday, September 3, 2011

Psalm 48:14 God is our guide forever and ever

Scripture:  Psalm 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
 
Observation: Psalm 48 is a celebration of Zion’s security.    God is the reason they are safe. In verse 14, they are acknowleging God’s power over them and his hand guiding them forever.

Application:  I am safe because of God.  He protects me.  He guides me.  I need to remember that it is not about me.  It is about God.  I need to focus on God’s love, God’s protection, God’s guidance.  I should not look to the world or other people for guidance.  I need to listen to God. 

Prayer:  God, I continually fall short.  Just when I think I am in control, I realzie I am not.   Lord God, you are my God forever and ever.  Help me today to focus on what you have me do.  Prioritize based on your priorites.  Help me Lord to have your words.   Thank you Lord, for your faithfulness and patience with me.  Your love is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment