Friday, September 16, 2011

Luke 4:1,2 Jesus made time to spend with his Heavenly Father

Scripture: Luke 4:1,2 1 Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end, he was hungry.

Observation:  The Holy Spirit prompted Jesus to retreat and fast.  He was very hungry after his fast for 40 days.  40 days is a long time to go without food.  The devil was tempting Jesus during the 40 day fast.

Application:  As our church starts our 14 day fast, we will be hungry.  There will be many temptations.  I need to spend time in retreat focusing on the Lord.

Prayer: Lord your word says that no temptation can seize me except what is common to man, and you are faithful Lord, you will not let me be tempted beyond what I can bear. But when I am tempted, you will provide a way for me to stand up under it. (1 Cor 10:13)  Lord, help me. Direct me.  What am I to do less of to make more for time with you?  Show me the ways so that I can stand up to the temptations.   Thank you Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment