Monday, September 19, 2011

Luke 7: 4, 5; Hebrews 11:6 Earnestly Seek God

Scripture:  Luke 7: 4, 5 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.”

Observation: This scripture reminds me of Hebrews 11:6 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.  In Luke 7, they are earnestly pleading with Jesus.  In Hebrews, God rewards those that earnestly seek him.  In Luke 7, Jesus does reward the centurion by healing his servant.  It is the faith of the centurion that he contacts Jesus earnestly.  He recognizes Jesus’ authority.  Jesus comments in verse 9, “I tell you, I have not found such a great faith in Israel.”  In both parts of the bible Luke and Hebrews, it is all about faith. 

Application:  I need to earnestly seek God. I need to bring all my cares to him.  It is by faith that we are rewarded.  Not by anything we do.  We must believe and submit to our Lord.  

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, I am not worthy.  Your grace is undeserving.  Your Goodness, Greatness, Glory are more than I can take in.  Help me today to focus on what you want me to focus in on.  Help me to be still, listen, and act on your promptings.  Lord, I earnestly seek your will in my life.  Help me to know that will.   Thank you Lord, for the overabundance of blessings you have given me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment