Thursday, September 22, 2011

Psalm 129:4 Freedom

Scripture: Psalm 129:4 But the Lord is righteous; he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked."

Observation: As I read all about Babylonians exiled, freed, rebuilding their temple; I see that God has released the Israelites.  In this Psalm, there is recognition that God is the reason for the freedom; God freed them from the wicked. 

Application:  I recognize that Jesus released me from the power of food addiction.  Jesus is the reason I am able to have strength to control myself. Jesus has cut me free from my food addiction.   I need to share this with others.  Jesus is the reason.  He is righteous.  He is my salvation.

Prayer:  Lord as I travel to Elgin, IL this weekend, help me to be in tune to you.  Help me to share how you have changed me.  Forgive me Lord; I am forever taking on this responsibility alone.   I give that all to you.  For I am weak and you are strong.  Thank you Lord for your unconditional love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment