Friday, October 14, 2011

Acts 11:17 God changes our perspective

Scripture: Acts 11: 17 So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”

Observation: Peter had his own thoughts and beliefs on how he was to believe.  God has given him a new perspective.  Peter recognizes God was at work in changing the ministry of Christianity.  In verses 19-26 we learn that that the Christians spread out to other areas and the Good News spreads to non Jews, Greeks, none Greeks.   They are first called Christians in Antioch (vs 26).

Application: God is transforming me and my perspective.  I need to let go of the box I have created on who, where, and how God will use me.  I need to be open to be used by God in any way.

Prayer:  Lord, I am often focused on what I want, how I think, where I want to go.  God Almighty, you are my leader, savior, counselor, Lord.  Help me to, transform me, show me, tell me.  Soften my will Lord to your will.  Thank you Lord for your transforming power in my life.  Amen.

God changed my perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment