Saturday, October 15, 2011

Job 7:6-7 Where do we go for hope?

Scripture: Job 7:6-7, 6 “My days are swifter than a weaver’s shuttle, and they come to an end without hope. 7 Remember, O God, that my life is but a breath; my eyes will never see happiness again. 

Observation:  Job is hopeless.  He has lost everything.  He is asking God to remember him.  Remember his life.  He is at a low place in his life.

Application:   Why do we have to get hopeless before we cry out to God?  It frustrates me that I look for hope in the wrong places.   “It is not in Here”, applies to so many places in my life.

Prayer:  Lord, your patience is more than I deserve.  Forgive me Lord for not making you my “Go To”, first every time.  I am forever trying to go it without you.  Help me Lord to rely on you always.  You are the strength, power, solution to all that is about me.   Blessed to be a believer.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment