Thursday, October 13, 2011

Acts 8: 14-17 Follow-up is discipling

Scripture: Acts 8: 14-17 14 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the word of God, they sent Peter and John to Samaria.15 When they arrived, they prayed for the new believers there that they might receive the Holy Spirit,16 because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.  17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. 

Observation:  After the Samaritans accepted the word of God, the apostles sent Peter and John to Samaria.  Follow up was needed with the Samaritans.  When Peter and John placed hands on them, they were filled with the Holy Spirit.

Application: When we witness to people and share Christ, when they accept, we need to follow up with them.  Disciple them so that they can receive the Holy Spirit and grow in the Spirit.

Prayer:  Lord forgive me for going ahead, doing my own thing, figuring it out myself. Lord, you are all knowing, powerful, and my Savior.  Please show me my part in making disciples.  Help me Lord to listen, follow do, and say only what you want of me.  Help me Lord to focus on you always in all my actions.  Thank you Lord for this understanding.  Thank you for sending disciples into my life to help me find the way.  Lord, you are amazing to me how you weave us all together.  Each day I see a new relationship, a new person you have placed before me.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment