Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Matthew 5:9 Be a peacemaker every day


Scripture:  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

I was away at the Fresh Image retreat at Beulah Beach in Vermillion, OH over the weekend.  It was my first time to attend.  There were 151 women from all types of churches seeking a Fresh Image of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.  Our theme was Faithfulness.  The scripture provided to me was Matthew 5:9. In my devotion book, Jesus Calling, I was provided 3 scriptures that speak of peace: Psalm 23:1-3; Genesis 2:2-3; and Luke 1:79. Each has their own take on peace.
Psalm 23:1-3
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

Genesis 2:2-3
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Luke 1:79
79 to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.”
Observation:  Jesus is the peacemaker.  As a Christian and my walk to become more like Christ, I too must be a peacemaker, everyday. 

Application:  Yesterday as I thought through my   verse Matthew   5:9 I was thinking there was something looming in the future.  Now I am thinking this applies to my everyday life. Be the peacemaker every day.

Prayer:  Dear Lord, help me today, every day, to be a peacemaker for those around me.  Help me to know how to seek peace and be a peacemaker. 

1 comment:

  1. The verse that speaks to me is Luke 1:79. It seems everywhere I turn, God is prompting me to be a light in the darkness. I love the way he directs our paths and speaks truth into our lives from many directions until we get it. Praise God we get it once in a while.

    ReplyDelete