Friday, October 7, 2011

Luke 24:45 Jesus is the reason we understand scripture

Scripture: Luke 24: 45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

Observation:  This happened when Jesus last appeared to the apostles, before he descended to heaven.   It takes Jesus to open our minds to understand the scriptures.  This seems so simple and easy.

Application:  I need to ask Jesus every day to open my mind to understand the scripture.  I must rely on Jesus to understand the scripture. 

Prayer: Forgive me Lord when I focus on me and not you.  You are the Word Lord.  Help me to remember that it is not about me.  It is all about you.  I need to depend on you for my understanding. Help me Lord to live my life, as you want me to.  Help me to understand your word and apply it to my life.  Thank you Lord for this understanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment